Welcome to Portland Balance Bikes!
Welcome to our online balance bike store! We used to be called "Portland Strider Bikes", but we have expanded our product line to include many different brands of balance bikes, so we are now "Portland Balance Bikes". We are sure you can find a balance bike that fits your family's budget and lifestyle.
We're excited to introduce your family to a revolutionary bicycle that will grow with your young child, from 18 months old and up. Balance bikes have no pedals, cables, chain, grease, or sprockets to injure or tangle up your child’s feet and legs. The bike is propelled by the child pushing with their feet, and eventually running and gliding with their feet off of the ground.
Here are some reasons for children to skip a wobbly tricycle and get on a balance bike from an early age:
- Teaches children balance, steering and bike handling skills
- Develops coordination and gross motor skills for all children, expecially those with special needs
- Improves confidence and self-esteem
- Kids can keep up more easily with parents and/or older siblings on family outings
- Children are usually able to graduate to a big-kid pedal bike without ever needing training wheels
Take a minute to watch a few videos and see how much fun you and your child can have with a balance bike! Your purchase will also help other children, since 1% of all sales will go to The Molly Thompson Memorial Fund, which brings toys, parties and fun to hospitalized kids. Please check out the “Miles from Molly ” link below for more information on this special fund.